Smooth, firm, supple skin on the face and body is every woman's dream. The tone of the dermis can decrease for various reasons: due to age, certain diseases, weight gain, dehydration. We will tell you about ways to restore and maintain excellent turgor of the epidermis for a long time.
What determines the elasticity of the skin?
The tone of the dermis is its general state of health, ie normal metabolism in the cells, free breathing of the tissues, hence the softness, density and beautiful appearance. The period during which the skin retains its elasticity depends only on 10-15% of genetics. For the most part, the condition of the skin depends on our lifestyle, habits, diet, etc.
The skin tone of the face and body begins to deteriorate after 25 years: during this time, age-related changes and errors in care accumulate, which cause negative processes in the dermis. As a rule, it is still invisible visually, but you need to intensify self-care to increase the density and elasticity of the skin.
After 35 years, the decrease in tone begins to manifest itself especially clearly. The reasons for this process:
- reducing the production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid in the skin: the first is responsible for tissue density, the second gives overall tone, the third helps retain moisture;
- weakening of the facial muscles: the muscular frame that supports the skin ceases to perform its functions and the skin sags under the influence of gravity, covering itself with folds and creases;
- weakness of blood vessels and capillaries - as nutrients and oxygen enter the skin through them, vascular problems immediately affect its condition;
- acute and chronic diseases, especially of hormonal nature, as well as dermatological - due to them the metabolic processes in the skin are disturbed;
- inaccuracies in the diet: lack of nutrients and fluids prevent the skin from regenerating, building new healthy cells;
- improper care: poor quality, aggressive cosmetics disrupts the balance of moisture in the cells, poisons the skin with toxins, does not provide the necessary protection, damages the lipid layer;
- toxins and free radicals in the air and ultraviolet light: all this dries the skin, makes it flabby and prone to wrinkles.
As you can see, each of the factors that reduce skin tone can be corrected with the help of competent care procedures.
Important! Decreased skin tone is mainly due to the lack of regular skin care. So, if you do not use night creams or do not apply them incorrectly, the dermis loses its optimal level of hydration. Neglecting nourishing creams and masks leads to a reduction in hardness.
How to improve skin tone?
To restore the previous elasticity and firmness of the skin, many turn to the help of cosmetology and plastic surgery. Professional procedures (biorevitalization, botulinum toxin injections, the introduction of subcutaneous fillers, sutures, tightening, etc. ) are really able to quickly and effectively make the face and body attractive.
However, regular skin care is essential even after invasive procedures. In addition: careful treatment of yourself, the timely implementation of simple actions will help to postpone the acquaintance with needles and scalpel for a long time to eliminate skin imperfections. We will share such safe and affordable ways to restore skin turgor.
Important! To achieve results, you need strict self-discipline for 2-4 months. If during this period you perform daily procedures at home, then your face will literally transform. And then the useful actions will simply become a habit.
Humidification - rule number 1
To tone the skin - on the face, around the eyes and all over the body - you need to drink enough fluids. It is water that helps the skin maintain a fresh and healthy look at any age: both after 45 and after 50 years. Thanks to the water in the epidermis, the metabolic and regenerative processes are intensive, the collagen and elastin fibers remain flexible. Hyaluronic acid binds and retains water molecules, providing cells with optimal turgor.
The skin gets most of the water it needs, not from the creams and serums we apply, but from the intercellular space. There the water molecules from the blood enter, and in the blood - from the digestive tract. The dermis consumes about 200 ml of water a day - no jar of cream just can hold that amount.
How much water should you drink for optimal skin tone? The norm is calculated on the basis of a person's weight: approximately 30 ml per 1 kg. In any case, for an adult, the amount of clean water drunk should not be less than 1, 5 liters per day.
The volume of water in the epidermis depends not only on the amount of fluid tested, but also on the skin's ability to retain it: with age and under the influence of damaging factors (sun, wind, toxic substances, alcohol cosmetics, drugs), this ability decreases. In order to retain moisture in the skin, it is necessary to monitor the condition of the lipid layer - the thin oily mantle of the dermis.
The skin may lose moisture, including due to kidney failure, heart, certain diseases (diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome, hypothyroidism, etc. ). In this case, consultation with a specialist and timely treatment will help solve the problem.
Important! Even mild dehydration significantly changes the appearance of the epidermis and spoils its structure: dark circles under the eyes become more pronounced, wrinkles become deeper, and the oval of the face sags and warps.
What foods improve skin tone?
The beauty and health of the skin depends on the diet by 80%: all the components needed to build and repair cells enter our body through nutrition. The tone of the epidermis can be improved with products that stimulate the production of hyaluronate, elastin and collagen.
The recommendations of nutritionists are the following:
- the basis of the diet should be fresh or roasted vegetables and fruits; special attention should be paid to orange and red fruits (tomatoes, peppers, carrots, pumpkin, persimmon, apricots, etc. ) - they are rich in lycopene (antioxidant), which protects the skin from ultraviolet radiation and sagging;
- you should consume 150-200 g of lean meat, poultry, cheese, legumes a day, because protein is a major component of collagen, elastin (their main component is amino acids); in addition, the protein food helps to synthesize the dipeptide carnosine, which increases the strength of collagen fibers;
- eat at least 300 g of fish and seafood per week: they contain omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, magnesium, selenium - components that prolong the youth of the skin, as they protect collagen fibers from destruction;
- include in the diet nuts, plant seeds (30 g per day) - in addition to fatty acids, they also contain rare alpha-linolenic, protein, zinc, copper and magnesium - everything you need to keep your skin soft and supple;
- get used to using 5 g of products containing gelatin per day (jelly meat, aspic, jelly, etc. ) - gelatin contains a huge amount of bioavailable collagen and after two months of use noticeably increases skin tone (fish oil has similar properties);
- eat soy products (tofu cheese, soy meat, milk, etc. ) - they contain a plant analogue of the hormone estrogen, which is responsible for skin hydration, its turgor and density, as well as the isoflavonoid genistein, which blocks enzymes that reduce the tone ofepidermis;
- it is worth giving up baking, sweet, carbonated, alcoholic, caffeinated beverages, fried, smoked, salted, fast foods - all these products destroy elastin and collagen fibers and stop the production of hyaluronic acid.
Important! Dermatologists and cosmetologists know the term "sugar face": it is a face with gray, sagging skin, edematous, with a drooping oval, wrinkles, bags under the eyes and rashes. Why is sugar so harmful to the skin? Consumption of very sweet leads to glycation: moleculesof glucose destroy the elasticity of collagen fibers, as a result of which the skin becomes thinner and sagging - especially around the eyes.
Sports: the collagen factory in our country
How to improve the tone of the skin of the face and body after 40-45 years, when the decrease in the elasticity of the epidermis becomes especially noticeable? First of all, with the help of sports and physical activity.
- First, strength training strengthens muscles, increases their volume, which makes the skin naturally tighten and straighten. This is especially true for people who have lost weight as a result of diet and cardio training.
- Secondly, the microdamage of muscle fibers and neighboring tissues during exercise causes powerful regeneration processes in the body, which increases the production of collagen fibers throughout the body - the skin after training receives more collagen than after the most modern cosmetic program.
- Thirdly, the loads activate the blood circulation in the body, forcing the epidermis to breathe more intensively and nourish it with useful substances. As a result, skin color improves, its density and elasticity increase.
Intense exercise is enough three times a week for an hour. Use extra weight: its weight should be such that the working muscle group cannot perform more than 8-12 repetitions. However, physical activity should not be limited to training: do not miss any opportunity to move and your skin will pay off with a blossoming appearance.
Important! If you lack time, there are serious contraindications to strength training, give yourself at least minimal physical activity. Be it just walking for an hour a day, yoga or swimming - this will already be a good contribution to increase the tone of the epidermis.
Face building and massage
Facial exercises and massage are one of the best and safest ways to tone the skin. The developed muscular frame of the face helps to smooth the epidermis, increase its elasticity, strength, turgor.
There are a large number of face building and facial fitness systems. The basics of facial gymnastics can be taught by specialists.
As for facial massage techniques, today beauticians have more than 20 types of them:
- roll-stretch technique, etc.
However, to perform a facial massage, you can do without special skills. It is enough to lightly pat, pinch and rub the skin along the massage lines.
Regularity is important to achieve the effect: take 10-15 minutes of classes. every day. Apply a little moisturizer or natural oil on your face before softening the skin and relieving the slipping of your fingers.
There are also contraindications for facial fitness and facial massage:
- violation of the integrity of the skin;
- purulent eruptions;
- acute diseases;
- poor blood clotting.
Important! Facial gymnastics and massage are also excellent vascular training. They can also be trained with ice or contrast washing. However, if you blush easily in a stuffy room or with a glass of wine, you should refuse to use ice - otherwise your face may develop rosacea.
Cosmetics for skin elasticity
To maintain skin tone, you should regularly use caring cosmetics - of course:
- as naturally as possible;
- High quality;
- suitable for your skin type;
- according to the expiration date.
Cosmetic brands launch special product lines that promise to restore the elasticity of the epidermis - the achievements of modern cosmetology allow you to believe such promises.
What substances should be in the means to increase skin tone?
- Hydro-fixing agents - are responsible for increasing the level of moisture in the skin: hyaluronic acid, glycerin, chitosan, aloe, algae extracts and more.
- Antioxidants - tones the skin, protects cells from oxidation: vitamin C, E, coenzyme Q10, green tea extract, grape seeds, chokeberry and more.
- Drainage components - conduct useful components in the skin, retain moisture, restore the lipid mantle: caffeine, escin, dextran.
- Natural oils - create a lipid film on the skin, contributing to its hydration, nutrition and regeneration: almond, peach, grape, apricot kernels, essential oils.
What cosmetic products are needed for regular use?
- Moisturizing serum. The skin cannot be elastic without healthy cell membranes and good hydration - that's what serums are for. The product has a very light texture, it is absorbed instantly, preparing the dermis for the subsequent application of the cream. Regular use of the product literally transforms the skin, making it possible to abandon even the foundation.
- Day cream. Moisturizers, skin nourishment, and protection against ultraviolet radiation (a good cream always has a high SPF factor). The cream covers the skin with a thin protective film of lipids, which protects the dermis from moisture loss. There should be several day creams: it is better to have separate products for the skin around the eyes, neck and décolleté - here the skin is thinner, more delicate and the cream requires a lighter but intense action.
- Night cream. Night use of this product, rather than visiting beauty salons, gives the skin elasticity, density, firmness: the cells of the dermis are most active from 1 to 4 in the morning. At this time, the susceptibility to the components of the product is maximum. The ingredients in the night cream accelerate cell renewal and help build new, stronger ones.
- Masks are a very effective means of increasing skin tone. Under their influence, blood circulation and lymph flow, metabolism, tissue respiration improve. A noticeable effect is provided by the course of procedures: 10-15 times in a row, then 1-2 times a week to maintain the result. The effect of the mask is enhanced if applied after the massage.
- Peels, scrubs. Once a week you should deeply cleanse your skin with these products. Exfoliation produces a dynamic massage of the skin surface and is also perceived by it as a microdamage that stimulates blood circulation and regeneration of the epidermis, the growth of collagen and elastin fibers. As a result, the skin acquires firmness, smoothness and even color.
Important! The cream is best applied on clean, moist skin after washing: water is an excellent conductor of nutrients in the deep layers of the dermis. The product is applied to the skin with a fairly thick layer along the massage lines. After half an hour, the excess is carefully removed with a napkin.
The tone of the epidermis directly depends on the general condition of our body. Very often it is enough to just sleep well and rest so that the skin regains the desired elasticity and density. And following the tips in the article will help you stay beautiful at all times!