The laser is a powerful source of light. It has exceptional characteristics and is able to cover long distances with a small deviation. Based on the unique properties of the laser beam, laser cosmetology appeared. The direction is characterized by the ability to penetrate into hard-to-reach areas of the body, to control the blood circulation process, to choose the most appropriate method of exposure, adjusting the parameters of the device to the characteristics of the patient's body. The ability to get beautiful skin without cuts and punctures attracts many people. Therefore, rejuvenation and other services, including high-energy beam manipulation, are preferred to plastic surgery and "beauty injections".
Types of lasers
Different types of cosmetic lasers are used to achieve healing and corrective effects - it is advisable to immediately ask the cosmetologist what type of installation they use in the office. All varieties are united by the lack of consequences in the form of scars, scars that often appear after the interventions of cosmetic surgeons.
It existsthese types of lasers:
- erbium. . . Penetrates shallowly, eliminates the defect with maximum precision. The generated heat is quickly dissipated so that nearby tissues are not damaged. The short, fast pulses, combined with the wavelength and the energy density of the emitted wave, must be balanced. Only then are the side effects of the procedure excluded. With the help of an erbium laser, stretch marks are eliminated qualitatively, tightening is done and peeling is done.
- Carbon dioxide. . . It has been used in cosmetology and medicine for almost 40 years. Indications for resurfacing with this particular type of beam are age spots on the face and body, removal of tattoos, poor quality permanent makeup, removal of scars after surgery, past injuries, attempts to remove acne on their own.
The carbon dioxide laser (the second name of the device) is used to perform dermabrasion - a very serious cosmetic procedure. In case of improper handling of the device, reckless adjustment of options, this leads to irreversible consequences. The device allows you to direct a dosed high-energy beam, adjust and then control the depth of penetration. For one session, the beautician treats a large area of skin. The direct indications for the use of a carbon dioxide laser are the need to remove papillomas, colloid scars and the effects of acne. The patient will be able to normalize the condition of the skin if it has been problematic before. A beautician will remove the enlarged pores, will make the surface of the epithelium even. The advantage of the procedure is a small number of recurrences and side effects, short recovery period. Disadvantages - redness lasts a long time on the treated area (up to 2 months). The phenomenon is associated with dilation of capillaries - small blood vessels experience increased stress during the procedure. Assuming the wrong dosage of the laser beam leads to scarring, weight loss or vice versa - an increase in pigmentation.
- Ruby. . . This beam is used for hair removal. Feature - the procedure can be performed only on fair skin. By acting on tanned or naturally dark skin, you can provoke pigmentation problems, with an even more serious load you will get burns.
- Alexandrite. . . It generates a long-range beam that distinguishes it from its ruby counterpart. The treatment requires constant external cooling of the tissues. Used to expose light skin, provided there is no sunburn. Hair removal for a person with blond hair is ineffective and even harmful.
- diode. . . This type of laser is used for one of the most effective types of hair removal. The depth of penetration of the beam is not more than 4 mm. The advantage of the procedure is the lack of damage to the natural pigmentation of the body.
Attach alsoneodymium laser. . . The individual properties of the generated energy flow allow its use for various purposes - from removing poor quality permanent makeup to hair removal. In addition to affecting the hair follicle and the skin's natural pigment, the beam affects small blood vessels. They coagulate. Installations of this type are equipped only in specialized clinics, in standard beauty salons their presence is quite rare.
Indications for laser treatment
The widespread use of the laser in cosmetology is explained by the multifaceted spectrum of direction. It will be useful to contact a beautician and make an appointment for the procedure for people with such skin problems:
- Acne, the consequences after it are scars, blue spots.
- Wrinkles are typical facial expressions, clearly expressed, associated with age.
- Scars, regardless of their origin, limitation period.
- Sagging facial contours.
- Laxity of the skin, decreased tone.
- Bags under the eyes.
- Hyperpigmentation on the face, body.
- The presence of dark circles under the eyes.
- Low quality tattoo.
- Enlarged pores.
After the procedure, the skin becomes velvety, smooth, soft and taut. The defects disappear, due to which the face and body acquire an even texture. The duration of a procedure depends on the type of laser treatment, the patient's expectations, the amount of work to be performed and the degree of neglect of the existing defect. Sometimes the duration of a session is determined by the age of the skin problem.
The choice of beautician and contraindications for the procedure
Laser correction has been used in cosmetology for a long time. And after the introduction of innovation, experts have identified almost all the characteristics of the body, in the presence of which it is better to cancel the procedure. The limitation is explained by the fact that exposure to high-energy radiation worsens the course of pathological processes that are constantly present in the body.
The list of contraindications is supplemented every month, as no rejuvenating, corrective effect costs a person's life - it is a priority. The fact that you have chosen the right beautician (not a salon, medical center) is evidenced by his desire to gather as much information as possible about your health. The competent doctor always identifies absolutely all chronic diseases, and also takes into account those from which the patient suffered in childhood. Learn about all medications taken regularly or periodically. What is important is the tendency to develop allergies, what lifestyle the patient leads, whether he already has experience with laser correction, what it has led to.
Absolutely all factors matter and if a beautician just indifferently signs up for a visit to the procedure, he can not be called competent.
After identifying at least one contraindication, the doctor will suggest alternative ways to obtain the expected effect or will recommend to completely abandon the idea of using a laser.
A competent physician will never undertake such procedures after learning that the patient has:
- Low blood clotting (haemophilia, including family history), predisposition to thrombosis.
- Diseases of autoimmune nature - rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Inflammatory elements of unknown origin were found on the skin of the face and body.
- Inflammatory processes and extensive skin lesions - psoriasis, dermatosis, herpes infection.
- Precancerous condition.
- There are many moles on the body (more than 100).
- Sunburn naturally (on the beach, for example) leads to the formation of new moles. They are slightly darker than existing nevi or do not differ in their shade.
- Oncological tumors of benign, malignant nature (location does not matter).
- Diabetes mellitus, regardless of its type.
- Chronic renal failure.
- Early postoperative period (weak immunity can cause an unpredictable skin reaction to recurrence).
- Severe ischemia.
- Psycho-emotional instability, the presence of severe mental illness.
- The need to take sulfonamides, antibiotics, hormonal agents, fluoroquinolones, as well as drugs that enhance the effect of ultraviolet radiation.
- Tendency to activate colloidal scars.
- Family history of vitiligo.
- Pregnancy, lactation.
The presence of these factors is incompatible with the use of a laser and all these conditions are united by a common concept - absolute contraindications. If the beautician finds out about their presence, it should never be possible to achieve the high energy effect. The procedure can accelerate the course of oncological processes, transfer chronic diseases into an aggravating phase and turn moles into a malignant neoplasm.
But there are several relative contraindications - most of them are temporary and the beautician only postpones the procedure to another date. These phenomena include:
- The appearance in the affected area of acne, boils.
- Respiratory infections.
- Fresh complexion.
- Hypertensive crisis on the day of the planned manipulation.
- Visit to chemical (acid) peeling in the last 2 weeks. The skin must regenerate, otherwise exposure will lead to burns.
It is impossible to characterize laser treatment as a harmless procedure. The beam penetrates the skin with the power of energy, destroys old cells, eliminates areas with defects. If the body is exposed to features, pathologies and is prone to an inadequate reaction to ultraviolet light, the beautician should be warned.
Laser side effects
The laser beam is an invention aimed at improving the appearance. The procedure is really effective and has already provided obvious positive effects for many people. But even these statistics cannot insure against possible negative results in each subsequent case. Exactly the same treatment for some patients can be a real salvation from scars, acne and wrinkles, while for others it can provoke problems with the body.
All negative results have their root cause - they appear due to the illiteracy of the cosmetologist, the characteristics of the patient's immunity, the unwillingness to take care of the already treated skin surface. The laser beam can cause the following side effects:
- Burning (when the cosmetologist has incorrectly selected the parameters of the laser beam exposure).
- Crust formation is normal for some types of laser procedures. But the appearance of a crust, which creates pain even with facial activity, is a pathology.
- Itching due to increased skin sensitivity.
- Redness - usually disappears after 2-3 days, is subject to systemic treatment with a means of burning.
- Tissue scars. The change in texture is the result of incorrect choice of processing parameters.
- Activation of herpes infection is the reaction of the body's immune system to an irritant.
Also, side effects include swelling and the development of suppuration in the treated area. But this only happens in the case of a bacterial infection - when the patient rubs, he combs the laser-polished surface.
If there are no obstacles to the procedure, laser treatment of the problem area of the skin will be the best option to solve the problem. The vast majority of the medical literature describes the useful properties of the high-precision beam. Experiencing psychological discomfort from the realization of external inferiority, thanks to the use of a laser, many people eliminate aesthetic imperfections and become happy.